SPiiPlusCMnt - Master Control Module with 2 Built-in Drives
32 Axis EtherCAT Master Control module with 2 Built-in Drives
- Integrated EtherCAT master with two built-in drives
- Up to 32 axes and thousands of I/O
- Open Architecture – Command ACS and third party EtherCAT drives and I/O
- A rich set of tools for application development, set up, tuning and diagnostics
- Powerful ACSPL+ multitasking motion and IEC-61131-3 PLC programming languages
- All capabilities and features of the field proven SPiiPlus line of high performance control modules
- Two built-in drives
- 85 to 265Vac, up to 7.5A continuous and 15A peak current (~1.6kW/3.2kW @230Vac)
- Dual feedback per axis
- 20kHz sampling and update rate of all control loops
- Safe Torque Off (STO)
- Digital I/O: 8 + 8
- Analog I/O: 4 + 2, 12 bit resolution
The SPiiPlusCMnt-2-320 is a state of the art line of EtherCAT network multi-axis machine and motion controllers with two built-in universal drives. It is specifically designed to extend the capabilities of the SPiiPlus line of control modules to address the needs of modern machinery for an economical high performance, scalable and distributed control for motion centric applications. Its open architecture operates in conjunction with ACS’ line of EtherCAT servo and step motor drives and I/Os modules, as well as with any certified EtherCAT module that complies with CAN application layer over EtherCAT (CoE) protocol, providing a comprehensive and cost effective control solution for demanding machinery. The SPiiPlusCMnt controls and generates the motion profile for up to 32 axes.
The EtherCAT network scanning rate is up to 2kHz. All drives are highly synchronized by a distributed clock with accuracy better than 0.1 microsecond, and execute the control algorithms at a 20kHz rate. The SPiiPlusCMnt is complemented by the SPiiPlus suite of software tools with built-in simulator. The tools are designed to minimize time to market while providing the flexibility to meet the specific machine requirements throughout its life cycle. It provides extraordinarily easy setup, fast host and embedded application development, and quick diagnostics, reducing efforts and costs.
The SPiiPlusCMnt-2-320 is offered with two current levels: 5A/10A (cont./peak) and 7.5A/15A. Optional Safe Torque Off (STO) module cuts the power to the motor without removal of the power source to comply with SIL-3 and PLe safety levels. The module is powered by a single phase 85 to 230Vac and by a separate 24Vdc control supply that keeps all low voltage signals alive during emergency conditions.
ACS Motion Control Ltd.